Reliable legal assistance for a variety of legal issues
The Law Office of Richard J. Bohorfoush, Jr., Esq. assists clients in the following areas of practice:
- Business law — Having had success as a sales and marketing executive for more than 15 years in the financial services industry, I have firsthand experience of the banking, brokerage and insurance industries. My working knowledge of U.S. securities and insurance regulations, along with my business law experience, enables me to provide reliable guidance for a wide variety of companies.
- Entertainment law — My entertainment law experience includes drafting contracts for independent artists, including producers, writers, directors and performers in the film and music industries, most notably a Grammy Award-winning music engineer. I also founded the IndiePro Global Arts Foundation in 2014, a 501(c)(3) public charity dedicated to serving the legal needs of independent professionals in the arts and entertainment industry.
- Real estate law — I manage all aspects of residential real estate transactions for clients, especially title issues.
- White collar criminal defense — Business owners and corporate officers are often drawn into criminal prosecutions when their actions do not satisfy particular interpretations of regulatory requirements. Allegations of fraud, misrepresentation, embezzlement, money laundering and other nefarious activities can ruin your career and deprive you of your liberty. I fight white collar crime charges aggressively to protect your rights and resolve all charges.
- Immigration law — I counsel clients on a full range of immigration law issues, including immigrant and nonimmigrant visas, employment-based immigration, asylum and refugee status issues, and deportation defense.
- International law — I am confident in my ability to manage complex international law issues successfully. While still in law school, I interned on a defense team practicing before the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, where I worked on international criminal law matters such as command responsibility and war crimes. And as someone who has lived abroad and traveled extensively, I maintain a strong network of international attorney peers in Australia, the UK, Ireland, Denmark, the Czech Republic, Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Serbia, and Russia.
- Estate planning — I have worked with high-net-worth clients to create business succession plans and address estate planning needs. I assist with wills and trusts and help settle estates in probate.
When you entrust me with your legal issues, you get dedicated assistance focused on producing positive results.